Destination Brisbane Consortium is the project developer responsible for the design, approval and construction of Queen’s Wharf Brisbane.
Queen’s Wharf Brisbane is the largest construction project in Queensland and at its peak will employ nearly 2,000 people.
The consortium has chosen to break the construction down into multiple contractors for different work packages. These include:
- Demolition (completed January 2017- December 2017)
- Excavation (completed January 2018 – July 2019)
- Mangrove Walk, Bicentennial Bikeway and Waterline Park (completed July 2018 – September 2019)
- The Landing structural works (completed xx2018 – September 2020)
- Neville Bonner Bridge (underway March 2020 – November 2020)
- Shell and core construction of Integrated Resort Development (underway July 2019 –
- Queen’s Wharf Residences shell and core construction
- Internal fit-out of Integrated Resort Development
- Public realm including Bicentennial Bikeway upgrade, architecturally designed parks, Velo Café and amenity block)
- Heritage base works including structural support work
- Heritage refurbishment.
Destination Brisbane currently has two contractors engaged – Multiplex and Fitzgerald.
Multiplex is responsible for the main integrated resort development and public realm works along the Bicentennial Bikeway and Queens Wharf Rd and Fitzgerald is responsible for the Neville Bonner Bridge construction.
Current construction hours are from 6.30am to 6.30pm Monday to Saturday. For occasions when work is required outside these hours, construction notices are issued.
To stay informed about the project and construction activities please subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter or sign-up for construction updates by following the stay informed tab at the top of this page.
Destination Brisbane Consortium is excited to be building this transformational city changing project for Brisbane and we thank the community for their patience while this work is undertaken.
For general enquiries please contact the Consortium direct on 1800 104 535 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.